2011-08 Incubator VCL Report
VCL has been incubating since December 2008. VCL is a cloud computing platform for the management of physical and virtual machines. https://vcl.apache.org/
- As stated in the previous report, the Apache VCL community continues to grow. We're seeing more people start to contribute to our online documentation and file JIRA issues. We're also starting to see more patches attached to JIRA issues.
- We continue to see growing interest in the VCL project from a variety of locations.
- We are currently working on growing the committers for Apache VCL project.
- The Apache VCL 2.2.1 version was release on April 8th 2011 and addressed bugfixes and minor improvements.
- Our next release Apache VCL 2.3 is on track and we are targeting late fall timeframe. New features planned include support for the KVM hypervisor which is to be contributed by the community. In addition to KVM, the committers will address server loads, and the improvement of cluster reservations.
Top Issues Before Graduation¶
- Continue to increase contributors to establish a more diverse development community
Signed off by mentor: