2012-02 Incubator VCL Report
VCL has been incubating since December 2008. VCL is a cloud computing platform for the management of physical and virtual machines.
- The Apache VCL community recently added Aaron Coburn of Amherst College as a committer. We welcome Aaron and look forward to his expertise and knowledge to help advance VCL software.
- There are a couple of other potential committers that might be able to join the community as committers. We look forward to hopefully bring them aboard.
- The Apache VCL community is seeing continued growth and interest around the world.
- The community activity on the mailing list is an open discussion and members respectfully exchange ideas and provide support.
- Our next release is behind our intended schedule, we are working through the remaining issues and features. We are targeting a March Release for Apache VCL 2.3. This will included support for Vcenter, kvm hypervisors, server based profiles and lots of bug fixes. Top Issues Before Graduation
- Continue to increase contributors to establish a more diverse development community.