2012-05 Incubator VCL Report
VCL has been incubating since December 2008. VCL is a cloud computing platform for the management of physical and virtual machines. It provides comparatively easy and simple base line install with a end-user self service interface.
- The Apache VCL community recently added James O'Dell from California State University at Fullerton as a committer. We welcome James and look forward to his expertise and knowledge to help advance VCL project and community.
New PPMC member¶
- The Apache VCL PPMC recently added Aaron Coburn as a new PPMC member. The current PPMC welcomes Aaron.
- The Apache VCL community is a growing community with global interest from Education and commercial entities.
- The community is fast to respond to user questions and discuss design ideas in a respectful manner.
- We have seen cross project interest as through a contribution of a VCL driver to the Apache LIBCLOUD project.
- There are other potential candidates that have expressed interest in becoming committers. They are working through their initial contributions. We look forward to hopefully bring them aboard.
- Our next release has been delayed from our previous board report.
- This 2.3 release is a very large release, including bug-fixes, support from kvm, VMWare vcenter, multi-lingualization, and approved contributions from the community.
- We are in testing now and hope to generate a 2.3 release candidate in the next few days.
Top Issues Before Graduation¶
- Graduation work itself - As a community discuss graduation to determine if we are ready. If so proceed with starting the process.