2012-09-19 Apache VCL Board Report
VCL is a modular cloud computing platform which dynamically provisions and brokers remote access to compute resources including virtual machines, bare-metal computers, and resources in other cloud platforms. A self-service web portal is used to request resources and for administration. VCL became a TLP on June 20, 2012.
- The community has completed the post-graduation tasks.
- Work continues to migrate content from Confluence to the new CMS website and to improve the design.
- Several commits have been made to the VCL 2.3.1 bugfix branch to address minor problems with VCL 2.3, which was released in July. VCL 2.3.1 will be released this fall.
- Traffic on the lists has been fairly high, mostly due to questions related to recently released VCL 2.3.
- Development is still in the beginning stage for the VCL 2.4 features. Most development has been devoted to bug fixes.
- One of the committers is working to develop code to provide a VCL block in Moodle. Some licensing concerns arose from this due to Moodle's GPL license.  Guidance was provided by legal-discuss. It was decided for this to be a separate non-ASF project independent of the Apache VCL.
- Subscribers to the user list: 154
- Posts to user list, 8/2012: 130
- Subscribers to the dev list: 144
- Posts to dev list, 8/2012: 159
- Committers: 9
- PMC members: 6
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.