2012-12-19 Apache VCL Board Report
VCL is a modular cloud computing platform which dynamically provisions and brokers remote access to compute resources including virtual machines, bare-metal computers, and resources in other cloud platforms. A self-service web portal is used to request resources and for administration. VCL became a TLP on June 20, 2012.
- Work continues to migrate content from Confluence to the new CMS website and to improve the design.
- VCL 2.3.1 will likely be released before the December 2012 board meeting. This is a bug fix release. All of the issues targeted for VCL 2.3.1 have been resolved and the release process is beginning.
- Most development has been devoted to addressing bugs in VCL 2.3 and preparing VCL 2.3.1. Work on new features slated for VCL 2.4 will increase now that VCL 2.3.1 is complete.
- Alan Cabrera and Kevan Miller have resigned from the VCL PMC. They were mentors of the VCL project throughout incubation. The VCL community is grateful for all of their help.
- Subscribers to the user list: 153
- Posts to user list, 9/12-11/12: 211
- Subscribers to the dev list: 137
- Posts to dev list, 9/12-11/12: 167
- Committers: 7
- PMC members: 4
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.